Tuesday, April 2, 2019

My Online Presence

I would like to say I leave a pretty big online footprint. I love social media and use it a good amount of time during the day. You can find me on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Wix, and Blogger. My most used social media sites are Snapchat and Instagram. I don't have a personal website dedicated to me, but one day I hope to. You can find a little bit about me throughout my blogs and my Facebook.

Throughout my social media I constantly post pictures and updates on my life and what is going on around me. I like to keep my close friends and family up to date on whats going on in my life especially since I'm far from home in college. I don't normally post links on my websites to certain things except on my blog I do. Most of my social media accounts are private except for my Instagram and blogging websites. I think to remain mostly private because people can search my name and find out personal things about me. I have googled my name before and pictures of me have come up from Twitter and Instagram. People can find out my location of where I am from Instagram and find out who my friends are and where we hangout.

I have given out my phone number and email address to almost all of the social media sites I'm on. Most social media sites, when you sign up, require you to give a phone number or email address. I am hesitant to give out my information, however I do trust the social media sites to protect my information. Most social media sites that I have given my email or phone number to are: Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr , Wix, and Blogger.

I think social media can make people isolated and and depressed. I think it's not the intention to make people feel depressed using social media, I think its the way you choose to look at it and use it. You make yourself feel a certain way, social media does not make you feel that way. Some people may see pictures of their friends or celebrities having more fun or money than them. Also, people can compare themselves to others and compare their weight to others, which can lead to unhealthy outcomes. You need to be in the right mindset to use social media and know that you are happy with who you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment